Benefits of Adding Niacinamide to Your Skincare Routine
Have you ever looked at the back of your skincare products and thought, I have no idea what these ingredients are? Filtering through which are good or bad can be tricky, especially when you’re seeing them for the first time. While there are new ingredients coming out all the time, there’s one that’s been around for a while that we believe deserves a little more hype - niacinamide. Having been used in the skincare industry for years, its numerous skin benefits have brought it back into the limelight. Here’s why we think you should include Niacinamide in your skincare routine.
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a water-soluble form of vitamin B3 that helps neutralize your skin’s reaction to environmental irritants. By forming a protective barrier while maintaining moisture levels it increases the production of lipids and proteins to leave your skin looking radiant. Although it is naturally produced by our bodies it can also be supplemented by ingesting foods rich in vitamin B3 or directly applying it to your skin with serums and moisturizers.
What can Niacinamide do for Your Skin?
Are you ready? This one comes with quite the list of skincare benefits.
1. With anti-inflammatory properties, niacinamide is known to soothe the skin by reducing facial redness and acne irritations
2. By encouraging the bodies production of collagen and elastin you can expect to see a positive impact on the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines within 8-12 weeks of application
3. By inhibiting the transfer of melanosome, niacinamide helps reduce the appearance of spots and residual acne marks by evening out hyperpigmentation
4. With regular usage, niacinamide is also known to improve your skin’s tone and texture as well as tighten the size of your pores
5. It is an antioxidant that protects your skin from pollution, UV radiation, tobacco, etc.
What Skin Types can Niacinamide be Used On?
Whether you have dry, sensitive or oily skin, serums, moisturizers and cleansers featuring niacinamide are great additions to your collection. Since niacinamide is a lot gentler than other brightening skincare ingredients such as retinol, it’s easy to incorporate into your existing routine. While it’s known to be a miracle worker on all skin types, a good practice wherever you begin using a new product is to do a patch test to make sure it feels right on your skin. Start slow and increase your usage as you wish!
How Can You Add It Into Your Skincare Routine?
If you want to try niacinamide, adding it to your daily routine is as easy as swapping out your serum, moisturizer, or cleanser with one formulated with the ingredient. Not sure where to start? Perfect for your morning or evening routine, our go-to is the éclat412 facial cleanser gel! As a very stable ingredient it’s safe to be combined with your existing product round-up of hyaluronic acid and more.
Finding a new skincare ingredient can be a scary thing. Whether you're looking to improve the texture of your skin, even out skin tone, or reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, this ingredient can do it all!